Well, the first season of the Fayetteville Farmer's Market is over. Whew. As much as I love my granola, love the market, love my customers, and have so much fun doing it, I am SO glad for a break. I average 60-80 hours a week of work on the business. In between those times, I have housework, homeschool, playing with Gavin, errands to run, you know, the typical homemaking responsibilities. This winter I will work on streamlining the bookkeeping process, getting costs down for ingredients, marketing, and doing all of the administrative stuff I couldn't get to during the year. The first 5 years for a small business is crucial, and I'm not counting last year since there was no comparison to this year. I absolutely LOVE my Saturday's on the square. It is my dream. Well, my dream is just starting, but I love being outdoors, watching the sun rise on the square, the comradarie of the farmers and vendors, my regulars coming by every Saturday...love.
I would not have made it without the amazing support of Blake, my helper in the kitchen, lil G, and my awesome friends who have helped me in so many ways!! It's been an AMAZING year!!
I hope during the winter season that I can update the blog too. I have so many pictures to add of Gavin and his adventures!!
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im soo happy for you and your new business venture. As hard as it has been for you, You have done great and it will all pay off ! Your right too about the first 5 years and just stick with it as a passion and keep up your hard work and it will all be worth it!!! Im glad you have found something you love doing too . I think Its very important to have that in your life. Good luck with the off season and new season to come. I cant wait to come visit you on the square !!!!
ReplyDelete