Sunday, December 2, 2012
Meatballs!
Tonight, Blake and I are going to a newly single dad's house and teaching him how to cook for his son. Tonight on the menu is my variation of Italian meatballs with lots of veggies hidden in them, and kids LOVE them!! I'm going to make him a simple recipe book of easy and healthy things to cook in big batches for his little guy so he can freeze them and then pull it out, whippety snap!
Not only have we seen first hand how devastating divorce is for one of our best friends, but also how it's affected his 4 year old. It isn't easy and it brings back memories of when I was a kid going through a similar situation.
Our friend has taught us a lot too. He's been a wonderful source of comfort for Blake, a spiritual brother, a Godly man who they can talk about Jesus, music, Bigfoot, everything and anything under the sun. I'm just there hanging out with the guys and loving it!!
I'll post the recipe once I get it typed up. It's a variation from the Joy of Cooking (my all-time fave cooking book!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment