Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Before and After Pictures... 38 week appointment. Baby Celebration.

Before: Walls so sharp they would cut you and carpet that was just icky!




After!!!!

What Blake did: Textured walls, painted walls, painted trim and windows, painted ceiling, spray painted ceiling fan, ripped up carpet, sanded floor, stained and polyurethaned floor...Plus worked his full time job, his part time job and did this..all in 3 months. I love him and wish I could have helped more. All I did was paint the edging. I will post pictures of the room with furniture soon.

38 week appointment: I have been having contractions on and off so he checked me and I am dilated to a 1. Blood pressure still great, weight gain...GULP. 5 pounds!!!! In one week! How is that possible? Well, he told me he thinks it's fluid. :)
I go back next Wednesday if we don't have a baby by then. I'm kinda hoping we have a baby by then :)

The rest of this week I am working on getting the house put together. I realized that although we haven't moved, we have moved someone in! It's another person's stuff that I am organizing, plus cleaning up all the dust bunnies that have accumulated over the past 3 months.

We have an awesome church family. They had a baby celebration for the new moms and mom's to be this week. They prayed over us and shared some wise and insightful tips for our upcoming journey. We also got another 150 diapers and 8 packages of wipes :) We won't have to buy either one for a really long time.

When I was putting away stuff this morning (6 am--I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited that we were sleeping in our bedroom and I could finally start the fun part of nesting--with 2 weeks left, LOL) I had an old hymn pop in my head, "Showers of Blessings". I haven't heard this hymn in years but I just hummed it as I was organizing and figuring out where to put all this fun baby stuff! I feel like we have been so blessed by our family and friends throughout our pregnancy. Not only with material gifts, but gifts of time, wisdom and understanding.

4 comments:

  1. I love it, it's gorgeous! Kudos to your hubby for doing all the work, that saves a lot on labor!! I've always found that color relaxing, is that called spa blue?

    Wow, you're at 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an exciting time for both of you and I know the anticipation is immense! I cant wait to meet little Branflake. It has been so neat to read about all your prego experiences thus far! Your going to make a great mom and Im looking forward to hearing the news of his arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy! Yes, the anticipation is killing me of course..since I'm not very patient! Happy Belated Anniversary!

    Vickie,Thank you! the color is called Ocean. It's like a greenish grey color. I will try to take a picture when it's sunnier outside because these pictures don't really do it justice. I was going for a spa type of feel. Now, if I could just find the bedding I want...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the room! Blake did an awesome job. JC Penney has great bedding! Can't wait to meet Branflake!

    ReplyDelete