Friday, March 9, 2012

Moving on!


The house is sold! While I am so thankful not to have a mortgage, I miss our house so much. I don't miss all the stress it caused, but I do miss it being our home. It is just another loss that we have had to endure in a series of losses. Emotional, financial, physical loss. Loss=grief. I wonder what it will be like when we are older and we look back at this period of our life? I know we'll see things from a different perspective than we see them now. When you're in the middle of it all though, it makes you wonder if things are ever going to change!

Closing day was one of the most stressful days we have experienced--I think I aged about 5 years in just a few hours, ha! I wish that things would have been different, but they weren't. It's over, done with, in the past, and now it's time to move on :)

Gavin is getting so big! Potty trained, talking up a storm, being helpful, independent (strong willed goes along with that!) and he's such a great kiddo. We couldn't be more thankful for our little family. He is such a little ham. He LOVES being the center of attention, but he can be shy too. Next time I post, I'll post a bunch of pictures. I love teaching him and seeing his mind work. I get awakened with kisses every morning and by him putting my face in his hands and kissing me, while saying " Mommy, I eat. EAT MOMMY!!" ha!

We are looking forward to whatever good things God has in store for us: Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose."

The cats have gone on to another home. The first few days without them was hard, but now I am really, really relieved not to have the added responsibility of them tearing up Mike's house!!

It's crazy to be here right now, not knowing where we will live, what our work will be, but we have faith that it's all going to work out. It has so far. That doesn't mean that things are all sunshine and rainbows, but it means that we are growing and learning. Growing pains hurt!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats again on selling the house ! Atleast it wasnt on the market for months. I know it is hard to have a family and not have a house to call your home .. But it wont be forever and hopefully you wont have to be in this situation as long as we were :) Just remember it Will get better it Has to !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I hope we can have our own place in the next 6 months. Right now we are too broke to rent..thankfully Blake's dad is cool with us staying as long as we need too. I do miss having a house that is our own though!! And yes, it HAS to get better--right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, I know thats what you always say to me ! and I believe it will for All of us!

    ReplyDelete