
Since I started blogging, I've been doing all kinds of research about different ideas or interests I have. I've come across some really cool blogs as part of my readings. On the right side of my blog is a blog list. I just added the 40/29 TV weather blog because Tim Ernst has a journal that he updates regularly from Cloudland, where he lives. I love Tim Ernst's photos and we have several of his hiking books. One of our dreams when we retire is to live like he does, taking pictures as a couple, and having a nature photography business. (It doesn't have to be profitable, but if it is, we won't complain!) Our favorite part of Arkansas is right where his property is near Hawksbill Crag and the Buffalo.
The Simple Dollar started out of necessity and as a hobby. The blogger, Trey, had amassed so much debt that he had a financial revelation: he had to change his life or he would suffocate from his money problems. The Simple Dollar became his hobby and now he uses his blog as his full-time job. He has amazing insight and his hard work has really paid off . The tips he gives, the book reviews and his financial advice have all helped Blake and I in our debt-free journey. Not only is it a financial blog, but it also has great personal achievement lessons. It's amazing to see what commitment and dedication to a blog niche can achieve!
Pioneer Woman is superwoman. This lady does it all, from working on their ranch, homeschooling, writing a book, photography, remodeling, cooking, plus all kinds of homemaking skills. She really is incredible! Her recipes are not that healthy, but sinfully delicious. I love to get ideas from her blog, but usually come away feeling so inadequate! ...If we could all be a pioneer woman :)
Simplemom is a great resource not only for mom's but also for home managers. When I quit my last job to stay home I did a lot of reading on homemaking, since that was my new job. Simplemom has lots of tips and ideas for homemaking. The great thing about her site is that she emphasizes "live simply, stay sane". I love it because we all know I am one meltdown away from insanity and chocoholics anonymous! :)
50stimes chronicles a housewife's attempt to live the entire year as if it was 1955. She actually did it and now she is working on 1956! It really is neat to see someone transform their entire life to live that way. I have enjoyed her website as well as her blog, but sometimes it is overwhelming how much she can post. I usually end up skimming it.
The rest of my blog list is friends who blog and I always love reading about what is going on in their life. If we didn't have facebook, blogs or email we'd all have to use the old fashioned device called the telephone! Except now, we just text!
If you have a favorite blog, please leave a comment. I'm always open to reading more. Now that I have a baby, time is scarce, but I can always find an excuse to do the housework later, put up my feet, drink a cuppa tea, take some deep breaths, and just enjoy a little relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment