Welcome to the BranFlake Blog--where we are livin' our life the old fashioned way! We value time over things, we strive to live more simply and from scratch, and momma is loving all things retro......."The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart"-Helen Keller
Here are my goals that I'm sure I can complete this year:
Cook healthier and more diverse foods. I've been doing this the past few weeks and it's been fun!
I really want to work on eating less sweets. Dessert is our downfall. We eat healthy all day and then at the end of the day we throw in dessert and rack up the calories. I've been making fruit salads (I say this as I'm thinking about the chocolate cake in the fridge! muuuhahaha) My friend Vickie is always making delicious, healthy foods and I've gotten several recipes and lots of tips from her. She knows all about nutrition so I know that this will be an easy goal for me.
Lose weight by eating healthier.
This should happen if I keep it up :)
Maximize time management.
Lanier got me a Day Timer organizer for Christmas. I've been using it every day and it has really helped me stay much more organized as far as my time goes. I had a planner before but it wasn't really effective for me.
One half marathon.
Started training already.
One full marathon.
This is pretty ambitious but I really want to do it.
Read more about nutrition and holistic living.
Last year I read a couple books on power foods and which foods are best for you on a cellular level. It was really interesting and I want to continue that study.
Learn how to knit. For real.
I got stuck on the first stitch after messing up a big patch. It's like I had a knit stitch mind block!
Finish the house!!!!
Hopefully, we will start painting the upstairs this month and then move on to the kitchen. We are going to put our house up for sale soon so we need to finish it.
Those are my realistic goals. I won't even put the "unrealistic" ones up. They aren't that unrealistic but I don't think there's enough time in the day for me to get it all done.
The last two weeks have been busy. We've been visiting lots of family and staying on the go. This week I'm keeping Gavin at home. I think we both need a break. :)
We thank God everyday for the blessings He has given us. 1 Cor. 16:14 "Do everything in love"
Blake, otherwise known as Daddy.
Code name: Workin' Man. Bigfoot Enthusiast. Pancake-Maker on the weekends. Exercise Physiologist Genius.Loves the outdoors and adventure.
Fran, a.k.a. Momma
Homemaker, Mom, Grannie Frannie's Granola Owner and Founder. Loves adventure, crafting, and last minute vacations. Dreamer ExtraOrdinaire, Loves a good bargain!
Gavin, the baby.
Otherwise known as: Sweet Pea, Rug Rat, Bubs, Bubba, G-dizzle, Pumpkin, Sweet Boy, Big Foot, Mr. Crankypants, Mr. Happypants. Gavin the rockstar.
Gary: Gavin's brother from another mother
Gary has graduated and moved back home to Honduras. We will always consider him part of our family and we miss his presence in our life. He is going to do amazing things with his future!!
You are so kind, Fran!! I'm glad I helped!
ReplyDeleteThank you for always being there for me when I need to vent! :)