Dr. Crownover said that everything looked good on the birth plan. Of course, this is all contingent on a normal and uncomplicated delivery. It is also flexible in the fact that I know I can change my mind at anytime :)
Our plan is to stay at home until 6 or 7 cm's if everything is going well. I want to be at the hospital as little as possible!!
.....................................................................................................................................................
I would like to be able to give birth in any position. (Dr. C discussed at our last appointment a good position that works with gravity. There is also a squatting bar at the hospital that Blake is in charge of making sure it is available, clean, and easily accessible! Apparently it was stuck in a closet last time Janessa was there as a doula.)
Dr. Crownover and I have discussed and he understands that I do not want an episiotomy or an IV. I understand that I will be required to have a hep lock.
I have decided before hand to not have an epidural. My request is that pain medications are not offered. (Blake knows my code word and if I use it then I'm serious--I want drugs!)
It is important to me to have access to liquids. (I'll be eating at home when labor first starts for energy and drinking water, gatorade, juice..whatever sounds good. No ice chips for me, please!)
Please keep the lights dim.
I do not wish to have the amniotic membrane ruptured artificially unless signs of fetal distress require internal monitoring.
I want to follow my body’s lead on when to push and not be instructed when and how.
Please wait until I am ready to receive baby before handing him to me. I would like to unbutton my labor gown before receiving him.(They will wipe him down before I get him)
I would like the cord to be cut after it has stopped pulsing.
I’d like to wait for spontaneous expulsion of the placenta instead of being administered pitocin or have it pulled out.
I’d like to see the placenta and have it explained to me by Janessa. (I might change my mind on this one--I might be too grossed out!)
I am open to pain management after labor if needed. (Yes, definitely!)
Baby:
I would like to breastfeed immediately.
Please leave the baby with us at least 30 minutes to an hour before his cleanup/bath so that we can bond.
Blake and I would like to give the baby his first bath in our room. (We need to ask this question on the hospital tour--if they don't allow it in the room we'll just do it in the nursery together. I know that they allow that. If I'm unable to go with Blake, then he will give the baby his first bath.)
We do not want pacifiers, sugar water or formula offered to the baby.
Please hold off of the eye ointment and the Vitamin K shot for as long as possible, preferably at the end of the alert time.
We would like to circumcise on the eighth day and not at the hospital.
We plan on having vaccinations at a later date.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment