
Dr. C visit was wonderful, as usual. He is an incredibly nice person. Blake and I really like him.
They did bloodwork to assess the risk of down syndrome and spina bifida. It's not a yes or no test, but basically a 1 in however-many chance. The ultrasound looked good. The baby is growing! We couldn't believe how much it has grown from a month ago. Dr. C tried to see the sex but as he put it, "it was in the worst possible position!" Hopefully, at the next appointment (June 2) we will be able to see something!!
Blake and I made the decision, after the appointment, to stick with the hospital birth and not have a homebirth this time. In our area, it's not possible for me to have dual care with him and the midwife. Dr. C isn't willing to see me up until the birth and then have me deliver at home because I'm not really his patient if I deliver at home. Which I completely understand. He can't be liable for a home birth if something happens. It's either one or the other. So, we decided that we aren't comfortable not seeing the doctor again for the next 20 weeks. If we lived in a bigger city there would be more options and a system where doctors and midwives worked together. We are still going to use Janessa as our doula though. I'm so glad she's our neighbor because we're going to start going for walks together. It's amazing how God works out all the details!! I don't think it's a coincidence that she lives on the street next to us.
Nesting:
I've been working on the house like crrrrazy. I really only have a few things I want done before the baby gets here! ha! The past 2 weeks I've been working on the outside of the windows. Getting them unstuck from the previous homeowners painting them shut and caulking them with space age silicone, sanding (while wearing a mask), painting (while wearing gloves and fume free paint), removing the storm windows and screens and then washing them. It's been a task but I feel great getting it done after living in this house for four years. It just hasn't been a priority until now. All this work has led to my sciatic nerve being pinched and at this moment I am icing and heating. So, I think my body is telling me that I'm doing too much. The nausea has subsided since Sunday, so maybe it's going away for good??? I don't even have that much energy, but I just push myself.
I've also been doing some weird cleaning. I won't get into details, but I'm pretty sure it's OCD!!! I think one day I'll look back and wonder where my brain was!
For the next month I'm going to focus on reading a couple books and doing my hooha exercises regularly.
Blake and I are already falling in love with little branflake. We really can't wait for him/her to get here!!! I can see my belly move already.
I found this article in the NY Times. I can see myself as the lady with the vacuum cleaner hose on page two, (third to last paragraph)!!! haha! http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/garden/27nesting.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
No comments:
Post a Comment