SO...did this title get you intrigued?
No worries, it's not what you think :)
It's Gavin's name. He refuses to be called Gavin, only Baby. I'll say, Gavin!! and he says, No, I baby! He'll point to me and call me mommy, point to Blake and call him Daddy (although it sounds like Dah-ee) and he'll point to himself and say, baby. We'll say, noooo you're Gavin. And then he says, Noooo I baby!!
HA! It's hilarious...cracks me up every time.
Another thing we are teaching him is to pronounce words correctly. This is something he'll have to do in everyday life y'know. Instead of him saying lights, with an L, he says "ights." Unfortunately it comes out sounding like Ass. HA! We can't have him doing that in kindergarten! One day the light went out in the bathroom and he says to Blake, "no ass daddy, no ass!" LOL Talk about laughing so hard you start crying....
Gavin's vocabulary is crazy big. Even though he can't pronounce everything, he KNOWS what everything is. It amazes me how smart the little guy is!
He seems to be having a hard time adjusting to our move. The other day he started crying when we pulled up to Mike's house and he said, "No pawpaw's house, mommy's house! mommy's house!!" If I'm driving on the highway heading north and get off to head to Fayetteville, he cries and points the other direction saying "mommy's house, mommy's house!" We drove by our old house the other day(thank you God that we sold that place!!!!) and it made him cry. He kept saying, "mommy's house" when we drove past it. So, that's kind of hard on us, seeing him have a difficult time. I told him we lived at pawpaw's house right now, but we would be getting a new house soon.
Speaking of new, I got a car! The blue bullet needed to be retired. I just spent a bunch of money doing the 205K mile maintenance and decided not to put any more money into it. We have been researching, for about a year, the best car to fit our needs: reliable, warranty, good gas mileage, safe, etc.. and we decided on the 2012 Hyundai Sonata. Actually, when I got to the lot they had just gotten in a used 2012--so I said, why get the 2011 when I can get the 2012!
LOVE my new car!! I worked my booty off for my old car, and now I'm working like crazy for this one! It's the company car. I'm really glad we kept the old one for 10 years and now we'll keep this one--probably for when Gavin starts driving!
Florida was a blast. We had such a good time at the beach! Gavin loved the water and the sand..ooohh, it was perfect! Clear blue water, white powder sand...83 degrees out. Not too hot, perfect water temp...we had a picnic on the beach for dinner one night, ate the best fresh crab for lunch one day, drank the BEST coffee I have EVER had...I can't wait to go back.
Granola is going so great...I am so happy with my business! It can get overwhelming at times because I feel like it's growing so fast that I can't keep up--which is a good problem to have, I know! I'm very excited about it, passionate about working for myself, love interacting with people at the Farmer's Market, being creative with it all...it's so much fun and I feel extremely blessed to be able to do this, share my faith through my business and to see the sun rise every Saturday morning...yesterday's market was particularly beautiful. The fog was rolling in from the south, so the hills were barely visible as the sun was shining through. The air was crisp (35 degrees!) and smelled so fresh and clean.
Life has thrown us punches, but guess what? We're overcoming! And that is a great feeling. It doesn't mean that things are better, or worse, but that we're learning. Learning how to be content, learning patience, mercy, grace and forgiveness. Learning lessons that we wouldn't have learned if we hadn't been through it: Learning about people, learning about ourselves, and creating relationships. Which is what life is about: If you aren't learning, you aren't growing, right?! There is so much to do in the world, so many activities in life to explore, so many places to explore, the sky is the limit, and the only thing holding you (me!) back is the limitations we impose on ourselves. How's that for a motivational talk!
Experiencing loss and grief is an incredible thing. It teaches those who are left what's really, truly important in life. As cliche as that sounds, I have gained knowledge in the past 2 years that I am grateful for even though it has hurt so much. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my G-ma or Carol. Can't even put it into words.
Pictures next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment