There is so much to be thankful for! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is spent with a lot of the Thorne family which is always crazy fun. We have a tradition where each of us goes around the table(s) and says what we are thankful for in the past year. We have the annual Turkey Bowl (the flag football game), board games--mainly Taboo, and lots of desserts. Just imagine 30+ Thorne's playing Taboo! It gets LOUD and crazy!! I love it!
I'd say that most of all Blake and I are thankful for each other and Gavin. Our lives have changed significantly this year, and will be changing in the coming months. Throughout all that we have our little family-- which is stronger today than it ever has been. Not that our strength brings any more ease to life, but the way we function is closer. Our strength is not of ourselves at all, but by God's grace. In the past year we have been thankful for the joy we have experienced and we have been thankful for the sorrow (now THAT is the hard one--and not something that comes first nature for me!) When we hug and kiss our boy we are so grateful we have him. I know that his presence has given us the focus to not dwell on ourselves (so much) and to keep going.
We wish Carol were here to see how wonderful he is, for her to spoil him rotten, and to give us that motherly comfort we need during this time. (We all still need our mom's!!) We wish G-ma was here so we could call her on her birthday after Thanksgiving and plan our reunion for New Years. I wish Uncle Alan was here so I could have visited him in California too. Even though they aren't here, I can't help but think of Thanksgiving's past and be happy we had that time. Life is a vapor, a minutiae of time, a speck, and fragile. So for today and this moment of time, I am thankful for another day of thanks giving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment