At the Dr's office for his wellness visit.
So, here we are, almost 1/4 of the way through the year...I can't even believe that, but that's an entirely separate post on how Fran feels like time is slipping out of her hands.
I'm very goal oriented so I need to have goals to work towards or nothing ever gets done with me.
Goals:
- Cook healthier therefore lose weight: So far so good. I have lost 43 pounds since Gavin was born. Obviously a lot of that was baby weight, but 43 sounds good! I would say I've cut down on desserts but not cut them out entirely. I have just been trying to cut everything in half. I'm trying a new recipe at least once a week and have been eating a lot more veggies.
- Maximize time management: I think the thing that I've got to overcome is that with a new baby it is impossible for me to keep my house as clean as I used to, run errands like I used to, have a social and activities life like I used to...basically live my life like I used to! So, my new concept of time management is that when Gavin takes a nap, if I can get the dishes done and a shower than I am doing good. My house doesn't have to be perfect and that has taken a couple months to accept. Right now I'm just enjoying every minute with the baby--housework can wait! However, it's VERY easy for me to get overwhelmed with everything that "needs to be done". I have a meltdown every other day but then I regroup and remember what is important right now.
- Half-marathon: The longest Gavin will sit in the stroller is about 90 minutes, and that's if he takes a nap on the walk. If he doesn't take a nap then I have about 40 minutes. With this crazy weather I haven't been able to get the mileage on the weekends either. Hopefully I will be picking out my race soon and sending in my fee so that I'm committed to it. I'm still going to spin class and I love it!
- Reading about nutrition and holistic living: I've read two books on nutrition. Going to the library this week.
- Learning how to knit: um.....the yarn and the needles are in the same place they've been for a year. hahaha Probably not coming out anytime soon! Maybe next winter.
- Finish the house: Let's see..we've talked about it and have done maybe one or two little bitty projects. None of the big stuff has been done and so who knows when we will put it up for sale. Hopefully soon! I read a couple books on FSBO and they all say that the house needs to be finished before we put it up for sale to maximize profit. I also was stressing and obsessing about this entirely too much and had to quit thinking about it. Then again, I just talked to someone who said we should just put it up for sale anyway, GAH why can't I just make a decision?? Need advice.
Gavin got his first cold this week. Poor lil' guy! We took him to the Dr. and they gave him a breathing treatment and that seemed to help him. Blake and I have the same cold, but mine has now turned into bronchitis. Yuck!
He's has been eating solids for almost 2 weeks now. He has had carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, avocado, and banana. I'm now cutting back his solids because of his eczema/allergies. We're starting a new thing that Aunt Susie told me about. I'm sure I'm being overly protective, but I'd rather be that when it comes to allergies.
43 lbs!! Wow! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteThanks Vickie! I couldn't do it without your encouragement, lol. You know I'd probably lose more if I just cut out my sweet ;)
ReplyDelete