Nothing too new to report on the baby front. Everything still looks good on the ultrasounds. Strong heartbeat and lil' whippersnapper likes to move around a lot.
Yesterday I slept for 16 hours combined during the day and at night! I haven't done that since I came back from camp in 6th grade. Ha! Hopefully, just one more week of tired and then I will be energized :) That's what all the books say.
I got spoiled last week when Gary stayed with us for Spring Break. He did the dishes every night and helped out around the house. Blake has been helping me cook and clean too.
Since the weather is improving I've been outside more and that has energized me. In a couple weeks I'll start my new walking schedule and hopefully be able to get in one last half-marathon before the baby gets here! That might be a little ambitious so I'm going to play it by ear. When I taught pre-school one of the mom's had run a marathon a month before giving birth!
Thanks to my cousin Megan who gave me an awesome baby journal!! The great thing about this book is that for every day it gives a new description of how the baby is growing. "Your baby's intestines are now in the abdomen. Over the next two days, the muscles in the walls of your baby's digestive tract will become functional..." I read the day's excerpt out loud every night before we go to bed.
Things I'll be researching this month: midwife/doula, labor techniques, and baby gear!
It sounds like such a long time. But, it will fly by. And even though you are sick, tired and miserable more often than not....you will miss having that little miracle inside you. The time flies by.
ReplyDeleteOh I do miss those Ultrasound appts and hearing the hearbeat each time. It truly is an amazing process. I also found this website helpful bc there are so many links and info you can get from it. There is a prego calendar much like the journal you described and it goes by each week of what your baby is doing and has ultrasound pics of each week so you can see what the baby looks like at that time and how much he or she is growing.
ReplyDeletehttp://pregnancy.about.com/